8 in hospital after birthday cake fire in Spain

8 in hospital after birthday cake fire in Spain

Fire in Malaga Tourist Apartment Extinguished; 16 Affected by Smoke Inhalation

Firefighters extinguished a blaze in a tourist apartment on Calle Alamos, Malaga city centre, on Sunday, July 7. The fire, caused by candles from a birthday party, led to the evacuation of the five-storey accommodation block. Sixteen residents suffered smoke inhalation, with eight hospitalized. Emergency services received the first alert at noon, as smoke trapped upper-floor residents. Two fire engines, a turntable ladder, and two light vehicles quickly brought the fire under control. The building was undamaged, and unaffected apartments were reoccupied after ventilation.

Back to News

Leave a comment

Please note, comments need to be approved before they are published.